Alton 8s Taxis is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Alton 8s Taxis company Registered in England and for the General Data Protection Regulation (the GDPR), if you use our service, the data controller is Alton 8s Taxis
This policy sets out how we process any personal data or usage information we collect from you, or that you provide to us, in connection with your use of our website [company website] (the Websites), our mobile apps (the Apps) or our services. If you do not agree with this Privacy Notice in general or any part of it, you should not access the Websites, the Apps or use our services.
Information We Collect
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally, identifiable information may include, but is not limited to
- date of birth
- business/company name
- job title
- contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers
- demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests
- financial information such as credit / debit card numbers
- IP address
- web browser type and version
- operating system
- a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on Our Site, and the site you exit to.
To perform our contract with you, we will use your information:
- To communicate with you.
- To provide you with transportation and/or courier services.
- To create records of bookings and to send you booking acknowledgements, confirmations, receipts, and invoices.
- To maintain records of lost property.
- To maintain records of complaints.
As it is in our legitimate interests to be responsive to you and to ensure the proper functioning of our services and organisation, we will use your information:
- To detect and prevent fraud and crime.
- For reporting and data analysis purposes.
- To administer our membership and loyalty scheme(s).
- For insurance purposes.
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations imposed by Transport for London and any other licensing authority where we provide services.
- To meet customer service requirements and for complaint handling and feedback.
- To monitor and assess the quality of our service.
- To host events for our customers.
- To pass on feedback such as ratings or compliments about our drivers.
- To sign you up for our newsletters or alerts.
- To contact you via telephone, email, SMS or via our Apps.
- To identify our users.
- To personalise our services for you, for example, to provide you with an accessible vehicle where you request such a vehicle and if you have opted in to marketing, to send you promotions and offers tailored to your use of the services, for example, discounts on airport bookings where you frequently make airport bookings.
- To enforce our terms and conditions.
- If you have opted into marketing, to communicate with you about products, services, promotions, events and other news and information we think will be of interest to you.
As it is in our legitimate interests to process your data to provide effective services and useful content to you we collect this information to:
- Personalise our Websites and Apps to ensure content from our Websites and Apps is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device.
- Administer our Websites and Apps, and for internal operations, to conduct troubleshooting, data analysis, testing and research.
- Keep our Websites and Apps safe and secure.
- Measure and understand the effectiveness of the content we serve to you and others.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyse our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
You can find for information regarding our cookies on our cookies policy page https://alton8staxis.co.uk/cookies
Sharing Your Data
We do not sell, your personal information to others. We share your information with selected recipients. These categories of recipients include:
Cloud storage providers located in the UK, which store your personal data in England, provided you have consented, advertisers and e-marketing companies located in the UK and the USA and which store your personal data in the UK and the USA that require the data to select and serve relevant marketing and adverts to you and others.
- Fraud prevention tools located in the UK for the purposes of preventing fraud.
- Our Drivers based in the UK in which you request services.
- IT support service providers who support and maintain our booking platform and have access at our premises working on a secure server; and
- Our insurance company and claims handling companies, for investigating and settling any insurance claims.
We will share your information with law enforcement agencies, public authorities or other organisations if legally required to do so.
- comply with a legal obligation.
- enforce our terms and conditions and other agreements, including investigation of any potential violation thereof.
- Fraud Prevention.
Transfer Of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside the United Kingdom and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to the United Kingdom, USA, Germany and process it there.
Security Of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Data Storage Times
Your customer profile and account information (including your technical usage data), for 7 years after you last use our services.
if you contact us via email we will keep your data for 5 years.
Records of bookings, lost property, and complaints for a minimum of 12 months (we are required to retain such data to comply with our regulatory requirements).
You have rights in relation to the personal data we hold about you. Some of these only apply in certain circumstances. To exercise any of your rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Access: You have the right to ask us to access the personal data we hold about you.
- Correction: You also have the right to ask us to correct your personal data where it is inaccurate.
- Remove: In certain circumstances, you have the right to ask us to delete the personal data we hold about you.
In addition, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office or other applicable data protection supervisory authority. Please note that these rights are limited, for example, where fulfilling your request would adversely affect other individuals or company trade secrets or intellectual property, where there are overriding public interest reasons or where we are required by law to retain your personal data.
Objection to Marketing
You can opt out of our marking service by sending an email to email@example.com
If you wish to make a complaint about how we process your personal data, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will endeavour to deal with your request as soon as possible. This is without prejudice to your right to launch a claim with the Information Commissioners Office.
Alton 8s Taxis
21 Market St, Alton GU34 1HA
Tel: 01420 88888
Last Updated on the 24/05/2018